Urban Rifle Night Vision is one of Thunder Ranch’s newer offerings derived from decades of experience. Students will apply knowledge gained from attending previous Urban Rifle Classes and learn to integrate those skills into operating their night vision system.
The class is designed to maximize the student’s capabilities and understanding of night vision usage in conjunction with a rifle in various environments commonly found in conflict.
Class exercises will exploit the varied terrain of the ranch, and the exclusive features of the facility, such as the Terminator, Punisher, Thunderville, Adam Brown Range, and the Jungle Run. All of which offer a new challenge while under night vision and finding/engaging targets of varying difficulty.
Ammo count is kept to minimum with an emphasis on manipulation and understanding of equipment. This is a 3 day course.
Requirements: Students should have completed at a minimum Urban Rifle 1 or similar course within the past 5 years and be physically capable of negotiating varied terrain in the dark under full kit. Must be able to legally possess and use firearms and night vision equipment (ITAR compliance)
NO RENTAL UNITS ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Minimum Gear Requirements :
- Bump or Ballistic Helmet with Night Vision Mount (skull crusher or night cap is ok but not recommended.)
- Rifle or PCC with sling, optic, white light, IR laser/Illuminator
- Quality Head Mounted Night Vision Device
- 500 Rounds (frangible ammo is NOT required)
- 4x Rifle Magazine
- Handheld white light
- Ear Protection
- Clear Eye Protection
- Weather Appropriate Clothing
- 3 Visible Chem Sticks (any color)
- Additional Recommended Equipment:
- Knee/Elbow Pads
- Helmet mounted IR and Visible Light
- Head Lamp