With the advent of technology, and the need for accurate fire at various distances, in varying light and environmental conditions, the Team at Thunder Ranch has developed our Defensive Handgun – Red Dot Sight course.
The RDS is an alternative to traditional sighting methods, allowing rapid acquisition of multiple targets, ease of acquisition for changing eyesight, and the ability to hit at what would normally be outside of traditional handgun distances.
Students will be exposed to targets from 0 to 100 yards. Students will use the pistol in various lighting conditions and learn to overcome different environmental conditions, failure of sight, single hand manipulation, etc.
Students will have opportunities for tactical runs in Terminator 3, as well as shooting from Thunderville, The Punisher, and Jungle Run.
Course Length: 3 Days
- 1000 rounds Frangible Ammunition
- Pistol with QUALITY Red Dot Sight. We recommend: Trijicon RMR/RSO, Leupold Delta Point Pro, AimPoint ACRO, T1 or T2. Smaller dots are preferable, i.e. under 3.5 MOA
- Pistol should have visible back-up iron sights, mounted in front of, or behind the RDS.
- Holster capable of holding the pistol and RDS [as well as weapon light if applicable]
- RDS manual and tools for mounting and adjusting the sight.
- Quality tactical flashlight, either pistol mounted [i.e. Surefire X300U] or handheld.
- Spare batteries for RDS and flashlight/weaponlight.